pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Out of Order messages

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Out of Order messages
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:28:46 +0000 (UTC)

Benjamin Esham wrote:

> Initially the group pane indicates that a group has new messages, but upon
> entering the group I see nothing.  (I have "match only unread articles"
> and "match selected articles' threads" on.) After toggling the "match only
> unread articles" button on the toolbar, some of the articles now show up,
> albeit not in threads.

Has anyone else been getting this behavior?  I've had it with 0.131 for a
couple of weeks now.  To recap, I have "match only unread articles" and
"match selected articles' threads" on.  Upon entering a group, I see fewer
unread articles than indicated by the group pane.  Toggling "match only
unread articles" twice makes some more unread articles show up; checking
"match articles with score of -9999" usually makes the rest show up.  The
weird thing is that not all of the articles that show up this last time are
part of ignored threads.  At this point, all bets are off about Pan
maintaining proper threading.

I guess the upcoming "mark ignored messages as read automatically" feature
will help with this somewhat, but this behavior is just inexplicable.  Is
there some cache I could try purging to fix this?  Or should I file a bug
report?  I'm not sure that I have enough of a solid description of what's
going on to do that...

Cheers,
--
Benjamin D. Esham