pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Help

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Help
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 06:51:36 +0000

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, walt wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 23:55:47 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>> walt <address@hidden> posted
>> address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 04 Nov 2007
>> 22:05:59 +0000:

>>> You mentioned that pan worked perfectly, but only once.  That
>>> would make me suspect that something has gone wrong in your
>>> ~/.pan2 directory.
>
>> This would appear to be another case of the bug I've mentioned
>> several times now.  It has hit me on some groups, but not all.  I
>> can confirm it's something local, that is, in the ~/.pan2 dir by
>> default, but what?  ...
>
> Yes, I should have mentioned before that the contents of Bill's
> original ~/.pan2 directory could be very useful in making a
> diagnosis -- assuming that starting over does fix the problem.
>
> Bill, if starting over does fix the problem then please don't delete
> the old .pan2.  Comparing the old with the new files may be the key.

This issue rings a bell with me too - I think the problem is silly
numbers in the .newsrc file - at least on hand editing the newsrc file
I found some, I reset the count to something more sensible and the
groups then retrieved properly.

Though I didn't find where the numbers came from...

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/