pan-users

[Pan-users] Preview "corrupted"

From: roderick
Subject: [Pan-users] Preview "corrupted"
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:39:33 +0000 (UTC)

Within the last three weeks the image preview often displayed as if the image
itself is corrupted. The log file has "Application transferred too few
scanlines". Some large image files, such as in a.b.pictures.wallpaper, that are
1mb+ can preview just fine while others less than 200kb will preview as
"corrupted". Am running Gentoo with pan v.132. Have revert back to 1.42 but
still no good. But I do notice that knode, the other newsreader, have the same
issues as well. For knode, the message is "This article has the MIME type
"message/partial", which KNode cannot handle yet." But then again...the image
file SFO_at_night.jpg (1.1mb) will preview as "corrupted" in pan but will
preview full in knode. Same for Static_jump.jpg (1.9mb), knode will preview but
not pan. I know this was brought up a month ago. Is there a known cause or fix?