pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Preview "corrupted"

From: roderick
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Preview "corrupted"
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 01:49:29 +0000 (UTC)

David Shochat <address@hidden> writes:

> roderick wrote:
> > Within the last three weeks the image preview often displayed as if the
> > image
> > itself is corrupted.
> Is this not the same issue as that discussed in the very long thread
> "Previews gone screwy"? See the archives, starting on 9/26. One of the
> later messages mentioned a patch in a pan bug report. I found this patch
> unnecessary when I was running Ubuntu 7.04 but necessary when running
> the new 7.10. From what I recall, it was actually an incompatibility
> with GTK+ that showed up recently (2.11?). It was left undecided whether
> it is actually a gtk+ bug or not. But whoever is to blame, for previews
> to work right using the latest pan with recent gtk+, you have to apply
> this patch.
>
> I think this is the patch:
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=96917&action=view
>
> found in walt's archive posting on 20 October:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pan-users/2007-10/msg00065.html
>
> Ok, I have confirmed that that is indeed the patch I had to use to get
> pan 0.132 to preview properly with "Gutsy".

Yes...I read that thread and unfortunately I cannot find those files:

gtk+2.12.x/gdk-pixbuf/io-jpeg.c
pan-0.132/pan/gui/body-pane.cc

May be because there are differences between distros? Although I am not afraid
of the CLI, am not a programmer and not sure how to apply said patch. Am running
Sabayonlinux 3.4f, a Gentoo based distro. I see a lot of files in /usr/lib/ with
the .so extension. Not sure if this io-jpeg.c file exists or that patch will
work for a Gentoo box.

I found these files:

/etc/gtk-2.0/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
/etc/gtk-2.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders
/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders32
/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-csource

But see nothing in them with "JPEG_PROG_BUF_SIZE 65536". Any guidance would be
appreciated. Thnx.