pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:51:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:56:13 +0000, Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:56:38 +0000, Duncan wrote: [...]

>> ... If your normal mail client doesn't handle mailto:, you'll
>> have to configure something (maybe a conversion script, or failing
>> that, a different mail client) that does.
>
>       I have it set to custom, and the blank reads simply "alpine." I
> suspect it wants something like a % sign there; but Alpine, magnificent
> as it is, does not handle mailto well afaik -- When something does
> launch it, I have to get to the To: field and delete it...

Hi BTS :o)

Try this:  alpine -url mailto:address@hidden

I think you will find that alpine does the right thing with the email
address.  (BTW, try alpine --help to see where my suggestion came from.)

Now, I can't figure out out to get pan to use alpine in the first place,
but it sounds like you already know.  If pan wants to send the string
"mailto:address@hidden"; to alpine, then you would use 'alpine -url %s' as
the emailer preference.