pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email

From: Beartooth Sciurivore
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:03:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:51:28 +0000, walt wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:56:13 +0000, Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:
>

> Hi BTS :o)
>
> Try this:  alpine -url mailto:address@hidden

        url? url??

> I think you will find that alpine does the right thing with the email
> address.  (BTW, try alpine --help to see where my suggestion came from.)

        Well, I see that it mentions urls and mailtos, but I haven't the
faintest inkling what it's saying ...

> Now, I can't figure out out to get pan to use alpine in the first place,
> but it sounds like you already know.  If pan wants to send the string
> "mailto:address@hidden"; to alpine, then you would use
> 'alpine -url %s' as the emailer preference.

        If I try to put that, what URL do I use??

        I don't understand what Alpine has to do with a URL. (If it were
a web mailer, I wouldn't use it.)

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Evangelist
Fedora 8; Ubuntu 7.10; CentOS 5.1; Alpine 1.0, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6