pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Multiple server support even working?

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Multiple server support even working?
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 01:37:04 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 01:17:25 +0100, Christian Pernegger wrote:

>>  Basically it seems like the second server isn't used at all ...
>
> I found the reason and a workaround. pan will not work correctly with
> multiple servers on the same host. It looks like it gets them confused
> for at least some operations.
>
> No combination of localhost / 127.0.0.1 / $HOSTNAME works, but putting
> additional names for 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts does...

Duncan's reply spurred me to try pinging 127.0.0.2 and etc and it works.
Have you tried specifying a news server with the address 127.0.0.2 yet?
Also, what happens if you put the one working server back to Fallback
status and leave the ignored server as Primary?

BTW, what did you name the two servers in your Edit::News Servers dialog
box?