pan-users

[Pan-users] Helper program bug with latest gtk (windows)

From: drbob
Subject: [Pan-users] Helper program bug with latest gtk (windows)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:50:42 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

With the latest version of gtk+ for windows (2.12.10) installed, clicking
on a url or mail address in pan fails to open my web browser or email
program - the following error is displayed in the event pane:

failed to execute helper program (invalid argument)

If I revert to gtk 2.10.14 the error does not occur and helper programs
are launched normally.

I don't know if this is a by-design change in gtk 2.12 that pan does not
support, a bug in gtk, or a bug in pan. Any of those scenarios could
explain the error message. Just posting here in the hope it will help
anyone else encountering the problem.

You can get the current and older builds of gtk for windows from here:
http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/