pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Connections

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Connections
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 02:36:46 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:32:46 -0400, Daryl Styrk wrote:

> Why only 4?

I have no idea why people want even that many connections, so I'm
hoping someone here can explain it to both of us.

I suppose if you want to post to one group while you read a second
group and download headers from a third group -- well, that's three
connections.  What do you do with the fourth one?

I once asked a newsadmin why he advertised that he allows ten connections
and his answer was (after filtering the BS) that his competitors did the
same, so he has to compete.  It's like bragging about the number of cup
holders in your minivan.  Most people still commute to work with only one
person aboard...