pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Connections

From: Greg Lee
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Connections
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:02:43 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 02:36:46 +0000, walt wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:32:46 -0400, Daryl Styrk wrote:

> I have no idea why people want even that many connections, so I'm hoping
> someone here can explain it to both of us.

I have mine set to 8.  Judging from what I see in the task bar, the only
time more than 3 are used is when updating headers for all subscribed
groups, when a new task is started for each group.  Does each update
task use a separate connection?  I don't know, but I'm guessing that
it does, and that a bunch of connections are used in this case because
each individual connection uses very little bandwidth.

--
Greg