pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: May have to abandon new Pan; unstable here

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: May have to abandon new Pan; unstable here
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:16:01 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 02 Sep
2008 12:45:05 +0100:

> Yesterday my normal news server was down all day (still is), so
> presumably new Pan was fetching postings via the backup server I had
> specified (Albasani).

> However, when it came to posting responses, new Pan froze on the
> 'Posting' window, which raises the question: Doe it not try to post via
> a backup server if no joy with usual server?  What should happen in this
> situation?

The posting server is part of the posting profile, with the default
profile set per group in group properties. (AFAIK it defaults to the
first server you set, or that the group appears on if it doesn't appear
on the first server.)

If that server is down, it'll just continue trying to connect to it,
until you cancel it.  IIRC (it's a bit hard to test if everything's
working) it lets you return to the compose window and set a new profile
there, or, if you prefer, save as draft, so you can load the draft later
when the server is alive again, and post then.