[Pan-users] Re: How do I email myself a whole thread??

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How do I email myself a whole thread??
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 00:00:15 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 05 Sep 2008
16:01:49 +0000:

> From those [saved as text messages], I'm pretty sure I can dig out the
> actual texts, modify them ad hoc, and come up with what I want -- first
> to keep for my own use, and only after that, if at all, for email.

The good thing is that once you get them as text files, they're easily
grepped/sedded/otherwise-text-manipulated in a more or less automateable
(is that a word? google gets 1040 English hits and doesn't suggest
anything else, so maybe it is, but if so it's not so common) fashion.

>       Start Excursus -- if in doubt, ignore.
>       One little list that I help run (a private one devoted to
> hunting) has been being forced to move about; I think a home is in
> sight.
>       In the process, some subscribers yearned for the archives. We
> found them. Our new host thinks he can append them to the new ones just
> started at his location.

Talking about archives...  If the list isn't on gmane (which I know you
use as well) yet, once you get things straightened out with list-host and
etc, you might consider it.  You then have both news and web access to
it, and an archive going back as far as you can provide tarballs for.