pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?

From: Zan Lynx
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 16:46:42 -0600

Joe Zeff wrote:
> Going back to the original comment
> about GNU/Linux, that claim would be more valid IMHMO if there were a
> distro calling itself "Linux" that *wasn't* using the GNU programs.
> Since there isn't, the term becomes a distinction without a difference.

Many versions of Montavista's Linux use only uclibc and busybox without
any GNU software in sight.

http://www.mvista.com/

GCC is the compiler, true, but it is hosted on a PC and cross-compiles
for ARM.  Since GCC isn't on the system running the "distro" I don't
think it counts.

This gets used in a lot of embedded devices.