pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Few questions..

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Few questions..
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:27:45 +0000 (UTC)

Daryl Styrk <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 09 Dec 2008 20:39:11
-0500:

> pan 0.132 Debian Lenny 64bit
>
> 1) I mainly import .nzbs.. Lately I've been grabbing headers being
> impatient for the nzbs to get posted.  So, when I get all of todays
> current headers up until now from say a.b.tv and I can clearly see most
> parts are complete (green) and some parts are not (red)  Is there a
> simple way to 'refresh' the current headers?  Or does pan know when
> articles have been completed?

First, be aware that 0.132 had a buffer underflow, aka security
vulnerability, having to do with processing .nzbs!  There has been a
patch available since late May that may be incorporated into Debian's
0.132 by now, or not.  You should be able to check the changelog and
see.  It's in 0.133 (release upstream August 1, whether Debian has it
available or not I don't know) for sure.

As for your question, if I'm reading it correctly (I'm not sure as the
answer seems too simple, but maybe you overlooked it), yes.  Refreshing
current headers is as simple as using the get new headers functions, of
which you have three to choose from depending on what you want to do (for
all subscribed groups, just the group your in, or using the fetch headers
dialog for even more control).  All three choices are on the groups menu
as well as being the first three buttons on the toolbar, which is why I'm
a bit confused as to whether that's what you're asking about.

> 2) I have found a few posted nzbs while sifting through headers, right
> clicking and selecting Save articles from this NZB, I briefly see some
> activity in the network status (lower left) and No Tasks very quickly (
> less than a second) will flash indicating to me it did attempt to
> process the NZB but failed somehow.  However importing NZB into Pan
> works just fine..  This happend last night with at least 3 nzbs that I
> remember, and I have yet to start scanning headers tonight.

I don't use nzbs (except pan's own task list, which is stored as
tasks.nzb) enough to answer this one.  I was in fact surprised to see
that as a context menu option a couple months ago as I wasn't even aware
it was there!  Hopefully someone else can catch this one.