pan-users

[Pan-users] odd unread messages

From: Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez
Subject: [Pan-users] odd unread messages
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 05:45:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I have been accessing some groups through Shaw NNTP server (Canada), and
it is quite common for messages to be incorrectly marked as read.  I
don't see anything special in the logs, and would be glad helping
debugging this as it is very annoying.

This does not happen on Gmane, for instance, so it might be something
server-side.  It is still not clear if this only happens with new threads
or with ones I've already read part of.

I'm Pan 0.133 on Slackware-12.1 (the package is from Slackware-12.2).  It
also "happens" on 0.132, but again, it might be something odd with the
server.  The groups I'm following most on Shaw servers are comp.lang.c,
comp.lang.c++, and comp.compilers.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez           http://rnsanchez.wait4.org/
  "Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."