pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problems with some replies

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problems with some replies
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:38:56 -0800

On 12/12/2008 Jim Henderson wrote:
If so, the provider limiting references to 2 is not RFC compliant (except, obviously, for root messages and replies to the root message).

Not all NNTP servers are RFC compliant. One of the groups I follow is self-moderated. If you don't know what to do, your post is supposed to go to the "moderator," which is just an auto-bot that rejects everything. I understand that there are a number of people using the group on non-compliant servers and wondering why the regulars never respond to them...

--
Joe Zeff
If you can't play with words, what good are they?