pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Resource temporarily unavailable ??

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Resource temporarily unavailable ??
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 07:12:58 +0000 (UTC)

Gerald L <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 29 Dec 2008
00:53:58 -0600:

> Pan 0.132 on Debian lenny (testing)
>
> Any ideas what would cause the "Unable to save" error below? It's making
> it a pain to keep up with a couple of groups.

The usual reason for that error is a full partition (/home or whatever
you have your pan data dir, ~/.pan2 by default, on).  If you have plenty
of room, what about quotas?  Do you have them turned on and maybe are up
against a limit there?  What about a ulimit on open files?

If you're running extended attributes, selinux or some other security
other than standard *ix file permissions (which it might not hurt to
check as well, just to be sure), check them too.  And finally, do an fsck
if you haven't in awhile, then open the named file in a text editor and
ensure it doesn't look corrupted with a binary or some such.

Other than that, I don't know.  But the vast majority of the time it's a
full partition (or exceeded quotas if you're using them), so check that
first.