pan-users

[Pan-users] Manual manipulation of the groups list

From: Alan Meyer
Subject: [Pan-users] Manual manipulation of the groups list
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:16:32 -0800 (PST)

I've encountered the same problem that some others have had.  Pan
crashes for me when I click "Other Groups" in the Groups pane.  I
have tried to debug it myself, intending to compile the source
and trace through it with gdb, but I've had some problems getting
the right pcre package properly installed on my machine.  I'll
work on that if I get time.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if I can work around the problem.
Perhaps there's a way that I can subscribe to a group by
manipulating some file with a text editor.  Is there a way I can
place the name of the group in a configuration XML file, or do
something like that, that will cause Pan to treat that group as
one that I am subscribed to?

In looking at the configuration files in $HOME/.pan2 and in
subdirectories, I was impressed that they are all human readable
files - which I believe is the best approach for robust
programming and debugging.  And because of that, I'm encouraged
to think that there may be a way for me to do this.

Thanks.

Alan Meyer
address@hidden