pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Compose window size

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Compose window size
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:42:07 +0000 (UTC)

Joe Zeff <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:50:54
-0800:

> I'm using Pan 0.133 on Fedora 10.  I'd been using it (or whatever came
> from Fedora) with Fedora 9, and got used to the way it worked.  Now,
> when I try to compose a new message, the window is about 2/3 as tall as
> it was before.  It used to be that when it came up, unless there was a
> lot of quoted text my .sig would be visible at the bottom, but not now.
>   I have to resize it every time.  Does anybody know how to make Pan
> remember the window size I want?

I don't know about pan, but some window managers can manage it.  Using
KDE (3.5.10) and kwin, I have a window specific settings control panel
applet, that I use to enforce my preferences on a decent number of apps,
including pan.  Now I don't have anything special setup for the compose
window, but I have the pan main window set to open on a specific desktop
(#3/news, I've even named it for pan on that desktop), and to open
maximized both horizontally and vertically (to one monitor, not both).  I
have the apply initially option selected for all three settings, so I can
change it if desired (occasionally I'll maximize it to both monitors,
which are stacked), but that's where and how it starts.

Hmm... it appears pan's preferences.xml stores size info for all three
panes (body group header) and the main and events and tasks windows, but
not the compose window.  Thus, I think you'd have to control it thru your
window manager, as I suggested above.