pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 16:20:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 11:26:37 +0000, David Shochat wrote:

> Ok, try running the script at the command line with a minimal mailto:
> alpine_helper.pl mailto:address@hidden
> If the script is working properly, a new Terminal window will come up,
> with an alpine composition started, pre-addressed to address@hidden Tell us
> what
> happens.

address@hidden ~]$ alpine_helper.pl
Use of uninitialized value $url_from_pan in concatenation (.) or string
at /home/btth/bin/alpine_helper.pl line 4.
address@hidden ~]$

        I created alpine_helper.pl with nano, but now nano can't open it,
nor can gedit. The only editor I found that works is kwrite; according to
it, the file contains :

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
my $url_from_pan = $ARGV[0];
my $command = "Terminal -e 'alpine -url " . $url_from_pan . "'";
system($command);

        Have I messed it up somehow?

        Btw, I had a look at man Terminal yesterday, and found it did not
mention any -e switch; so I took that out of my Pan preferences; but it
still didn't work.