pan-users

[Pan-users] giganews trouble

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] giganews trouble
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:06:46 +0000 (UTC)

        I signed up for an individual giganews account, and immediately
went to full activation, forgoing the "free trial"; but I get two error
messages from Pan when I try to post -- first one saying

Warning: The posting profile's server doesn't carry newsgroup
        "alt.appalachian".
        If the group name is correct, switch profiles in the "From:"
        line or edit the profile with "Edit|Manage Posting Profiles".

        If I then tell that to post anyway, I get

441 No valid newsgroups in "alt.appalachian"