Re: [Pan-users] Re: Big XML files... (was Re: Re: Better processing of v

From: Ron Johnson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Big XML files... (was Re: Re: Better processing of very large groups?)
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:23:20 -0500

On 2009-07-04 13:57, Matej Cepl wrote:
Ron Johnson, Fri, 03 Jul 2009 21:56:36 -0500:
Also (and maybe because I'm a DBA), this problem just *screams* for
SQLite and a database in the "First Normal Form".

After reading and having still alive experience with Evolution,

Corrupt that mbox file and *poof*, there goes years of email. I stopped using it years ago as anything but a bzipped archive format.

Maildir is the way to go, since a corrupt file means one lost message. And it's NFS-safe, too.

I don't trust any email client which saves anything into SQLite ;-)

SQLite is "just" the obvious choice. What happened to c-trieve, or any of the other b+tree libraries?

Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer