pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: tasks-nzb-delay

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: tasks-nzb-delay
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 04:12:16 +0000 (UTC)

Ron Johnson <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 12 Jul 2009 22:09:25
-0500:

> Anyhoo, bumping it up to 90 has really boosted pan's effective
> throughput.

FWIW, you may wish to put those other things, vm.dirty_*, back at the
defaults now, or otherwise set them, anyway.

Remember, those ratios were designed before gigs of memory was common.
So while 10 seconds is better than 5 for me when the system's mostly idle
anyway, if there's significant write activity, I want it to start low
priority writing before the backlog gets as high as the default 5% RAM.
So here, I set 2%, of 8 gig, so ~160 MB.

Thus my writeback is 1000 centisecs (10 seconds) while my
background_ratio is 2% (with 8 gig RAM, ~160 meg).  The others
remain at defaults. Now that tasks.nzb is out of the way,
see if that works better for you, too.