pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 1.33, Windows XP and GTK themes

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 1.33, Windows XP and GTK themes
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:30:29 +0100

2009/7/29 Gary <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:24:36 +0100, Steve Davies wrote:
>
>> Themes:
>>
>> As a datapoint, I followed exactly the same installation process, and it
>> works fine. gtkrc files exist as both global and per-user files, and
>> perhaps the global settings are winning?
>>
>> Try setting the "All users" flag when changing themes. Even if you then
>> do not "OK" the save, it will tell you where the file would have been
>> written and you can check what is there. Perhaps something needs to be
>> written to that file for it to work - I do have a global file.
>
> I did that and it overwrote my global file located at c:\Program
> Files\GTK2-Runtime\etc\gtk-2.0\.gtkrc.
> Stopped and restarted Pan and it is still using the old theme.  This is
> getting frustrating.

Definitely very odd... Things to try:

1) Check your PATH environment does not point to an old version of
GTK. Perhaps you have some old files installed and they are first in
the PATH. I had this issue for a while when moving from GTK 2.12 to
2.16

I fixed it by uninstalling GTK runtime and themes, clearing out the
PATH setting of all remaining GTK paths, and then re-installing the
runtime.

2) Here are the *gtkrc* file locations from my system:
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\.gtkrc-2.0     <--- This is where my
settings come from
C:\Program Files\GTK2-Runtime\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc
C:\Program Files\GTK2-Runtime\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc.default
C:\Program Files\GTK2-Runtime\share\themes\*\gtk-2.0\gtkrc    <---
Many of these, one per theme