pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Error saving large JPEG image

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Error saving large JPEG image
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:50:30 +0200

On Wed 12 Aug 2009 at 20:11:47 -0700, walt wrote:
> Now, that last line begins with 'E', so uudeview figures that this line
> of code should contain (69-32)*4/3 characters, which is 49.3.  It then
> reads the next 49 chars from that line and proceeds to uudecode them,
> even though it produces garbage.

An easy check is to see if the line has the correct number of characters
on it.

In fact it may have one more: some versions of uuencode add an extra
checksum character at the end of the line. But then it should match, of
course.

And fractional numbers of characters are not possible :)

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.