pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan hanging on exit

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan hanging on exit
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 19:58:48 -0700

On 08/23/2009 06:33 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
walt wrote:

Yes, you can delete the article-cache directory completely and pan will
just make a new one. When in doubt, I just rename a directory instead
of deleting it, and then I can always put it back if something breaks.

I tried it, but no change. In fact, it insisted that all the messages in
my group were unread...

Hm, that's a bit worrisome.  Deleting article-cache has nothing at all to
do with read/unread.  That's recorded in your .pan2/newsrc-<N> file, where
N is the number of the particular newsserver in question.

I hate to be a party-poop, but whenever I see that kind of inexplicable
strangeness, I begin to wonder about file-system corruption.  Have you
tried an fsck on the partition in question lately?