pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Advice on other lists

From: Chris Metzler
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Advice on other lists
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:35:50 -0400

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 03:18:53 -0500
Ron Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2009-08-26 02:41, Chris Metzler wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:43:22 -0500
> > Ron Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> On 2009-08-25 10:01, Duncan wrote:
> >> [snip]
> >> However did we survive in the eras of CDs, cassette tapes, 8-track
> >> tapes, transistor radios, or before?
> >
> > Why should that matter?  However did we survive in the era of the
> > horse and buggy?
> >
> > All of this is about convenience.  I have over 4,000 CDs.  A
> > high-storage player matters a lot to me, too, for the reason above:
> > the higher the capacity, the more likely I am to have with me what I
> > want when I want it.  Of *course* that's simply convenience, and of
> > course I could get by without it.  But if I don't have to forego
> > that convenience, why in the world should I want to?
>
> Doing without exactly what you want, exactly when you want it, is
> *not* the end of the world...

I don't know how I could have possibly made any more clear in my post
that I agree with that statement.  Wait, let me check and make sure:

>> Of *course* that's simply convenience, and of
>> course I could get by without it.

Yep, there it was.

-c

--
Chris Metzler                   address@hidden
                (remove "snip-me." to email)

"As a child I understood how to give; I have forgotten this grace since
I have become civilized." - Chief Luther Standing Bear