pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan and SSL without Stunnel?

From: Timothy J. Hamilton
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan and SSL without Stunnel?
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:51:43 -0400

On Sunday October 25, 2009 13:10:48 Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 09:28:00 -0400, Timothy J. Hamilton wrote:
> > How can Pan be setup to use SSL to connect to a secure server without
> > Stunnel?
> >
> > I recently switched from Kubuntu to Opensuse. Opensuse as it turns out
> > does not include a package for Stunnel. I tried making my own RPM which
> > apparently succeeded, but I couldn't get that to work. Now I'm trying to
> > setup the SSL connection without Stunnel.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Try grabbing the stunnel packages from software.opensuse.org/search - if
> you're using 11.2, grab them from factory.
>
> Jim

Jim,

Thanks again. Setup was pleasantly easy. I need to generate a certificate, then
change the line in stunnel.conf "client=no" to "client=yes" ; and adding the
lines for nntp & my usenet server as well to stunnel.conf.  Then Stunnel
started right up. Running "chkconfig stunnel on" set Stunnel to start at system
boot.