pan-users

[Pan-users] new XQuartz beta seems to help my problems

From: SciFi
Subject: [Pan-users] new XQuartz beta seems to help my problems
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 04:47:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hi again,

> I think I better now spend time on the font issues.

lol
Sometimes I think someone at the XQuartz project
is reading my lil messages here.

I have been using XQuartz-2.4.0 on OSX-10.5.8 (Leopard) which came out
in August-2009.
(Snow-Leopard 10.6.x still has issues with many open-source projects I use.)

And then this week as described in this list, I was trying to update many
components that they included.

Well, this past week,
they put out some XQuartz updates for both systems, explained here:
<http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X112.5.0>
It seems they have another point-update
which includes what I've been using this week:
<http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/ChangeLog#Changesin2.5.1InDevelopment>
but they did not build a 10.5.8 version of that point-update.
My Pan build promptly complained about the back-level of pixman
in their main update, compared to my manual efforts,
so I simply recompiled my pixman again.

I _think_ everything is actually now up-to-date as it can be for 10.5.8.

So I start Pan,
and lo-&-behold
the font problems seem to have gone away.

Funny, that.

BTW
I might -might- see about building latest gits of Pan
against the GTK-OSK frameworks,
<http://gtk-osx.sourceforge.net/>.
Anyone else done that?  (makefiles etc?)

:)