pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: two small updates

From: SciFi
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: two small updates
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:01:24 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 14:33:56 -0600,
"K. Haley" wrote:
>[…]
> Second, here are the updated tests for converting subject lines to
> paths.  Yes you use %s in the path spec.  Also the help button in the
> save dialog lists the available replacements.
>[…]

I got your latest testing branch running here.

I had been running the patches in bug #403797,
now your repo has a 'better' version of it.
Then I tell Pan to use %g/%s in the path to
save any thing.

No matter what version of this bug/patch,
we still see some minor glitches it produces.

Often, the poster's Subject line will cause a
saving of the files into two slightly different
subdirs.  For example:
If you go to
alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.new-age
and try saving the
Windham Hill (VA) - A Celtic Season
collection (freshly posted),
we get the nfo file separated off into a
slightly longer %s name as,
Windham_Hill_(VA)_-_A_Celtic_Season_NMR_-_00
and the rest of the files are in a
slightly shorter %s name as,
Windham_Hill_(VA)_-_A_Celtic_Season_NMR
which I think should be the real one to use.

There are other instances using this patch
that causes each file to be saved into its
very own %s, despite the similar Subject lines
for every post.
In this case it might be better to
leave-off the %s entirely.  ;)
(Right now I have no direct examples to
demonstrate this.)

I see this as minor glitches, because
it is simple to use 'mv' to rake the
related files together as a collection.

I just thought you might like to know.  :)