pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.134 pre-release

From: Heinrich Mueller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.134 pre-release
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:02:34 +0100

Am 25.01.2011 03:02, schrieb Petr Kovar:
Hi!

Robert Marshall, Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:22:27 +0000:

(...)

I have - a frightening - 20+ years of c++ experience but am very bad at
persisting with things. I also only use pan for a few newsgroups (mainly
binaries) and never use it for posting. I use gnus for most newsgroup
reading - so any testing would only be a subset of the whole except when
spurred to dig into the neighbourhood of a bug.

My experience with X api's is also Qt rather than gtk

The above doesn't mean I couldn't express an occasional interest though!
Good, that sounds promising! :-)

Meanwhile, I rolled some preliminary tarballs, so anyone interested can
test it out:

http://pknbe.users.sourceforge.net/pan/

The code is based on K. Haley's work from the integration branch (as of Jan
22), I just updated docs and bumped the release number, basically.

The github.com branch is here:

https://github.com/pmkovar/pan2

Quite a long list of changes since 0.133:

https://github.com/pmkovar/pan2/blob/master/ChangeLog

CC'ing pan-devel as it's on-topic there as well.

Please share your comments!

Cheers,
Petr Kovar