pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Huh? I'm a pan committer now?

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Huh? I'm a pan committer now?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:07:30 +0000

On 26 January 2011 23:49, Rhialto <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed 26 Jan 2011 at 15:41:42 -0800, walt wrote:
>> Anyone else out there tracking KHaley's git repo?  What do you see when
>> you pull from it?
>
> No, I don't see what you see. I think what happened is that you
> committed something to your own repository, in the 'testing' branch, and
> therefore when you pulled from github, it had to be merged.

That is how Git works. When you "fork" you make an entire copy of the
repo that you have commit rights to. You then get the option to
request that KHaley pulls your change(s) from you - If it is pulled
back into KHaley's fork, then your details are retained and you are
immortalised in the checkin :)

Hope that helps,
Steve