pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Bug in Headers pane?

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Bug in Headers pane?
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 17:02:36 -0700

On 04/04/2011 03:19 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 04/04/2011 04:38 PM, walt wrote:

I've long suspected that the problem occurs when using multiple
servers, but that's just my gut feeling. Wish I could prove it.

Nope. Just one. Happened when I only used my ISPs news server and
happens when I use only a premium server.

I'll have to think more about the bold-font/read/unread problem when
I'm more awake, but I do want to ask how you know for sure *exactly*
how many/which servers pan is truly using at the moment.

The question has been asked more than once in this list about how to
disable a particular server temporarily without deleting it completely
from pan's list of servers.

I finally stumbled on the idea of reducing the number of 'connections'
to zero for a given server in pan's News Servers dialog.  This idea
seems to work, but it certainly wasn't obvious to me for quite some
time.

Is that how you are restricting pan's use of servers to just one at
a time?