pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Astraweb Is Sending Bad Headers! -was: Articles Pan Can'

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Astraweb Is Sending Bad Headers! -was: Articles Pan Can't Read
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 21:15:22 +0000 (UTC)

Mark S Bilk posted on Thu, 11 Aug 2011 13:12:20 -0700 as excerpted:

> I'll send another trouble-ticket to Astraweb, but after their previous
> performance I don't know if they'll care.  It shouldn't be hard to
> insert code into Pan to interpret the incoming header stream defensively
> and determine when the References field ends,
> which is what KNode and other newsreaders must be doing, since they work
> OK with Astraweb.

If you can quote RFCs to 'em, they should pay a bit more attention, tho
it may be that you'll need to request "tier two" or whatever, as is
sometimes the case with ISPs.  Back when Cox still had news at least,
"tier three" was the actual engineers, but you never called them; they
called you if by some luck the ticket somehow got thru to that level.

Thanks.  Yes.  With your tracing, it should indeed be reasonable to have
pan's code work around this.