pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Newbie question about unviewable posts

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Newbie question about unviewable posts
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 04:29:56 +0000 (UTC)

Heinrich Müller posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2011 17:52:09 +0000 as excerpted:

> Am Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:38:13 -0700 schrieb Graham Lawrence:
>
>> My thanks to Jim Henderson, Duncan and Steven D'Aprano for their
>> Astraweb, including fragmented trees.  I regret I do not remember the
>> particular groups involved with the exact symptom I described, but any
>> of the groups beginning msn.forum.science produce no response from Pan
>> at all except to border the entire top right pane with
>> ...................... which I assume means Pan cannot access their
>> headers.
>
> Did you notice that there's no References header in this reply?
> Odd...

It appears to be from a Google webmail account.  Doesn't particularly
surprise me.  After all, they can't seem to reliably honor a user
attempting to permanently turn off HTML for a particular to-address, why
would they be expected to be much better at reliably getting the
references headers correct?  (Note that I didn't state anything about the
possibility of the problem being a PEBKAC.  I've never used it, so can
only go on what I frequently see happening to users who have stated
they've turned it off repeatedly for some list.)