pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ATTN: Testing is gone, all merged into master

From: Petr Kovar
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ATTN: Testing is gone, all merged into master
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 04:03:33 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 15:43:21 +0000 (UTC)
Heinrich Müller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi guys. I merged all the testing stuff into master. Feel free to test it
> and leave bugs at bugzilla.

Thanks, Heinrich! I'm CC'ing the other Pan list, since there might be some
willing testers too. ;-)

Quite a significant problem is that we are now requiring very recent
versions of some components (GMIME_REQUIRED=2.6.0, GNUTLS_REQUIRED=3.0.9).
So e.g. on Fedora 16, you can't build and test Pan without manually
compiling and rebuilding some of the dependencies, because Fedora 16 ships
gmime-2.5 and gnutls-2.12. Not sure what's the situation on Ubuntu, but
we'll most likely face serious packaging problems if we choose to release a
new version based on the current master now. Any thoughts?

Some additional comments:

When compiled without the GNUTLS support, there are empty rows displayed in
the Edit and View menus in places where there are the appropriate GNUTLS
menu items displayed if the GNUTLS is supported.

In the Post Article dialog, if selecting "Send and Save Articles to
NZB" when the file queue is empty, an error message is displayed, but
clicking the "Go Back" button does nothing.

In the "Select Parts" dialog, I'd add a close button somewhere, possibly
to the bottom right corner.

The Pan Preferences dialog is already too big to fit in a 1024x768
resolution screen. So I'd take some of the advanced preferences like cache,
autosave, language and system tray, and possibly merge them into the Upload
tab, then rename the tab to "Advanced" or similar.

I also fixed some capitalization issues in the master branch.

Cheers,
Petr Kovar