pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan

From: Ron Johnson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:53:43 -0500

On 03/22/2012 01:08 PM, David Kelly wrote:

On Mar 22, 2012, at 12:35 PM, Duncan wrote:

Ron Johnson posted on Thu, 22 Mar 2012 04:00:37 -0500 as excerpted:

While Tbird puts my cursor at the bottom of the window, more
and more I must manually move the cursor to the top because non-geeks
have been trained by Outlook and webmail to type at the top.

If I'm replying, my reply goes either inline or at the bottom, period.
Sometimes I rearrange or omit quotes to do it, but "if it's worth
replying, it's worth replying right."

Words belong in the order spoken where one leads into the next, then into the
next for a train of thought. This reply becomes a scene in a play where Ron
said, then Duncan said, then David said ...

Top-posted replies are a nightmare to unravel. For starters one of the better
rules for effective communication is to keep your readers from having to work
hard to understand what you are saying and how one got there from here. The
less work your reader has to perform the more brain CPU cycles are available to
understand what you are saying.

Outlook is a disease where properly formatted replies are almost impossible to
create.

Yes, yes, yes, I *completely* agree.  Which is why I'm bottom-posting.

There are *lots* of "should be" circumstances in this world. However, the vast unwashed masses just think we're a bunch of kooks and will continue to top-post no matter how much we lecture them, because that's how Outlook and web mail works.

--
YES, there actually *are* stupid questions.