pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:31:25 -0700

On 03/23/2012 04:47 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

Speak for yourself. My business doesn't file in reverse chronological
order, nor have any of the companies I have worked for.

You mean that when you file something you always put it at the back of the folder? You don't put the newest things in front so that they're easy to find? At one time I worked for a company doing copying for various law firms and all of the files we copied were set up that way: first you'd read the response and then the question it was replying to. Always. Without exception.

But even if they do, what does *filing* have to do with *writing
correspondence*?

They're used to seeing things like that so it makes sense *to them* for them to put their responses at the top.