pan-users

[Pan-users] leafnode interesting.groups placeholder

From: Thufir
Subject: [Pan-users] leafnode interesting.groups placeholder
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:19:50 -0700

For some reason, I have to manually touch foo.bar in /var/spool/news/
interesting.groups/ as user news.

I've tried variations of restarting pan, fetchnews, even moving the .pan2
directory and starting fresh.  Posting and reading works fine through
leafnode.  The only thing which doesn't work is subscribing to previously
unsubscribed groups.

There's supposed to be a message from leafnode registering interest in a
group.  Using telnet, I can generate that message:

address@hidden:~$
address@hidden:~$ telnet localhost nntp
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.11.8 running at localhost (my fqdn:
dur.bounceme.net)
group alt.test
211 1 1 1 alt.test group selected (pseudo article)
next
421 There is no next article
next
421 There is no next article