pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan just keeps loading and loading...

From: Maurice Batey
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan just keeps loading and loading...
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 17:22:55 +0100

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 17:25:21 +0100, Graham P Davis wrote:

> I don't know where you saw that Claws uses mbox directories. It uses
> the MH format, not mbox.

  Looking in File-> Import (in version 3.7.5), the options shown are:

     - Import mbox file
     - Export to mbox file
     - Export selected to mbox file

I.e. no mention of anything but mbox.
   (My Kmail email message base is in maildir form.)

'Add mailbox' offers no choice other than 'MH'(which I see is "similar" to
maildir.)

   So if I started with MH, there would likely be problems returning to a
'maildir' world, as claws will apparently only export as 'mbox'.

Perhaps there are mbox<-->maildir converters around, but I have not seen enough
yet to convert me to the claws world (which does otherwise look quite neat).
--
/\/\aurice