pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] request - preference to not download duplicate

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] request - preference to not download duplicate
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 19:59:25 +0200

On Thu 30 Mar 2017 at 11:41:59 +1100, Pedro wrote:
> a timer for tasks (see chron for linux) would be neat too. (I have a
> workaround for that using gnome schedule and either of these two commands.
> put gnome-schedule into startup applications (gnome applications, system
> tools , preferences, startup applications.)

There is a command line option to run Pan headless with a given nzb
file. You can also use the download queue from the GUI, I believe.
So you can execute that from cron at a schedule you like.

> kill -SIGSTOP $(pidof pan)
> kill -SIGCONT $(pidof pan)

Yes I sometimes use that sort of trick as well. But maybe for Pan you
don't really need it.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.