pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] bug saving headers?

From: Mateusz Viste
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] bug saving headers?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:45:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:48:35 +0000, David Melik wrote:
> Pan asks me to get the headers over and over, each time after I got
> them, i.e., for groups that already have headers.  A certain one has
> slightly old headers, like from May this year.  All the groups with
> headers like from today, load fine... but that one with newest headers
> from May, Pan has to reload every time... is that a bug?

Had the same problem. I consider this a bug, but good news is that it can
easily be solved through a work-around.

Under "edit / edit news servers" there is a setting called "expire old
articles". What it means, is that Pan will delete from its internal
database all articles (headers included)  older than this.

The side effect is that if a group's newest article is older than your
expiration limit, then Pan is left with an empty group, and seem unable
to figure out whether or not this group was checked in the past.

My work-around: increase the expiration time in the news server's
properties.

Mateusz