pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan and gtkspell

From: arnuld
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan and gtkspell
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 13:07:45 +0530

> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 12:20 PM Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK, /now/ we're getting somewhere!

:)

> # Incompatible changes in API in Enchant 2. Bug #629838.
> ..SNIP...
> That bug is a tracker bug for all the incompatibilities, so enchant-2.x
> can be unmasked when they're fixed:
>
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/629838
>
> One of its blocker bugs, meanwhile, is this one, with patches for
> gtkspell-2 and gtkspell-3:

> ..SNIP...

Oh man.. these bugs,  I once built LFS
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_From_Scratch)  and later I built
mane packages on SOURCEMAGE and then for many months I used Gentoo. I
left building from source because of the (computation time + CPU Life
+ my time)  it takes. Arch I found to be what I wanted.

I have enchant 1.6 available  for Arch Linux and I can build even a
pacman package out of it too:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/enchant1.6/

But since I did not do any work :o)   (mostly you did) and am pretty
thankful for this. Since the whole point was about spell checking, I
think I can put the text as gmail drafts, do all the spell checks and
then can post through Pan on USENET.  It would be better than keeping
enchant 1 and 2 on my system and doing all the source level stuff.
Once I used to be so much enthusiastic about this and even found some
bugs in a well respected reference manual for a programming  language
too but now this age, I want to finish my work and use Open Source and
Libre Software.

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/
https://lispmachine.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/c-new-operator/