[Paparazzi-devel] Speech in GCS

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Speech in GCS
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 22:29:29 +0200

Hello all,

I am trying to get the speech in the GCS working. After I went through
the configuration described on the speech wiki it worked immediately
just fine. "Welcome to paparazzi" and all the messages displayed in
the GCS. I enjoyed that a lot.

Now I rebooted my computer and the sound outputs speech dispatcher
error messages like "look at var/log/speech-dispatcher/... for error
messages". No paparazzi messages anymore. I tried some other
configurations in the files festival.conf and speechd.conf but I
didn't get it work again.

I am running Ubuntu Lucid Lynx. I crashed a plane due to low bat.
Unfortunately I didn't notice the low bat warnings on the screen,
because I was so busy tuning control parameters.

Who can help getting the lovely speech function working?

Cheers, Reto