[Paparazzi-devel] UBX vs NMEA Protocol Inquiry

From: Chris Wozny
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] UBX vs NMEA Protocol Inquiry
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 10:42:22 -0700

All,

I was wondering if someone had a technical explanation as to why the
UBX protocol is faster than NMEA parsing. I know in the past people
have said NMEA sucks and binary protocol's are faster, but I just want
to make sure I understand the technical reason. I know parsing ASCII
strings requires more CPU cycles, but don't you still have to parse
the UBX output as well?

Best,
Chris