paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Paperclips Bugs

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Paperclips Bugs
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:02:54 +0100

>>> "Christopher K. St. John" <address@hidden> 25-Jun-01
6:06:08 PM >>>

    I hear you about the rewrite, but was I clear about
    the way a superclass constructor is not allowed to
    call any methods in a subclass? In this case, Service
    _is_ trying to set the port, it's just getting overwritten.

No that's not how it was working. The Service class had a
setInitParameter method which was called by the constructor on the
hashtable contents.

The sub-class defined an overridden setInitParameter which called the
super version and then did it's own work.

Geddit?

   That definitely wasn't working, but before I try to figure
   out whether it was my mucking around that messed things
   up, should I now be using HEAD instead? Or should I
   continue on with the API_23_ALPHA_2_1 branch?

The tagged version does work, and I can't gaurantee that the HEAD
will work because I'm constantly working on it. But it'll be easier
for me to fix things on the HEAD so, if I were you I'd check it out
now and work on that (and don't update it till you're sure there's
another working version).

This probably means I (and Gokul if he's doing anything - he did have
CVS trouble) should stop commiting things except when we're sure it's
working.

We should probably be doing that anyway.

So I will start doing that.  /8->

Nic