paperclips-discuss

[Paperclips-discuss] Problems with multiple hosts and URL handlers

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Paperclips-discuss] Problems with multiple hosts and URL handlers
Date: 26 Feb 2002 16:50:30 +0000

In developing the multiple host stuff I have overlooked the way
Paperclips URL handlers work.

Paperclips URL handlers are quite clever, and a little bit
complex. They map webapp context paths to URL protocols. That means
you can handle jar files and so forth without any bother.

There are 2 problems:

- JDK 1.3 seems to mangle the protocol, we could get round that.

- multiple Hosts will invalidate the context mapping -> protocol.

This second problem is quite tricky. I have to set things up so that
the Host name is included in the protocol. The loading order is
preventing that at the moment.

I'll ping the list when I have a solution.

Nic