paragui-users

RE: [paragui-users] RICHEDIT

From: Eric Ross
Subject: RE: [paragui-users] RICHEDIT
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:38:07 -0400

Mensaje citado por John Rainey <address@hidden>:

> Yes it works! The add text function is still resetting the text however by
> calling settext with the new my_text value (my_text +" ") this causes a
> complete reparsing and refilling of the richtext maps. It seems inefficient.
> Perhaps the richedit needs a Addtext function for appending text that
> doesn't require a complete reparsing?
> Any thoughts?

As i can see, the problem is: how do you know that adding some text does not
requiere reparsing ? The problem is that AddText works by getting the complete
text and setting it again (I'd like an AddText function that takes into account
that it's "adding" text, and not setting it).

Maybe you could override the AddText method in pgrichedit, and make the
ParseWords method just add the text (let it continue processing in the point it
finished processing in the previous call). Or create a method similar to
ParseWords, but that doesnt clear the previous state, but adds the new string
into the parsed words.

Eric.