Saving output

From: Mike Rochford
Subject: Saving output
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 07:46:43 -0600

I use four machines to run a command and record output on 10k+ hosts
using GNU parallel. I am having trouble saving the output to a text
file. Ultimatly I would like to see one log file for each machine I am
using to issue the command. Is there a easy way to do this?

Below is what I am currently doing:

cat hostlist | parallel -Shost1,host2,host3,: -j 15 --eta "ssh -i
<key> root@{}  "uname -a" > /tmp/serveroutput/{}"

once this is complete I cat ever file in that directory into a single file.

Thanks for your help.

-Mike