Re: Patch: rearrange a long line in sql's documentation

From: George Zarkadas
Subject: Re: Patch: rearrange a long line in sql's documentation
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:42:38 +0200

Στις 14-03-2011, ημέρα Δευ, και ώρα 21:03 +0100, ο/η Ole Tange έγραψε:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Hans Schou <chlor@schou.dk> wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, George Zarkadas wrote:
> [... loads of newlines...]
>
> I am not too fond of any of the solutions. Hans' inserts a space for
> every newline in the HTML version and George's introduces a new
> concept simply to avoid a long line.
>
> I prefer:
>
> [sql:]vendor://
> [[user][:password]@][host][:port]/[database][?sqlquery]
>
> hoping that people reading the HTML version will know the space after
> :// is wrong.
>
> George: How many chars do we need to shave off? Would either of these work:
>
> [sql:]vendor://[[user][:password]@][host][:port]/[database][?query]
>
> [sql:]vendor://[[user][:passwd]@][host][:port]/[database][?query]
>
> /Ole

We need to shave off six characters, I believe (this is the number that
is wrapped at next line). The last alternative cuts five; so we need
something more, like say:

[sql:]vendor://[[user][:passwd]@][host][:port]/[dbase][?query]

or

[sql:]vendor://[[user][:pwd]@][host][:port]/[database][?query]